Dateline Dayton — Here is a partial list of my pet peeves:
- Don’t look when backing up – worst at the Post Office and grocery.
- Don’t stop when they see someone is backing out of a parking spot.
- Going at a slow speed in the fast lane.
- Sitting at a four-way stop. Waiting for the light to change?
- Don’t go when the light changes.
- Little old ladies, and men, who drive big cars and can’t see over the steering
People who don’t turn off their cell phones. Our services last just a little over an hour. These people can’t give God, that small amount of time. Don’t take your cell phone to church.
- Crying babies are one thing, but screaming children are worse. Take them outside.
- PA systems that don’t work.
- Advertised price is not the price charged at the register.
- The person who does a week’s shopping and then uses the express lane.
- Shelves not stocked.
- Items that should be in grocery section, but aren’t, making you walk a mile when you are in a hurry.
- Markets that have all kinds of stuff in the center aisles that should be to outer aisles, such as clothing and furniture.
- Constantly shifting items so that you have to look in new places for them.
- Stocking items where they make no sense.
- People who don’t know how to use the self-service checkouts. There are times, I admit, when I have problems with these devices and must talk to them,
Home Improvement Stores
- One previously advertise that they cut anything but hair. Not true. At least
you don’t hear the commercial any longer.
- Stores that sell appliances but don’t install them. Better to buy from an appliance store where you can get full service. Price isn’t everything. Service counts.
- Who do not like living vegetation, because it is unsightly. Some people just have too much time on their
More another time.
Mr. Hennessey may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org